May 24, 2017

End of Year Reflection

Junior year is coming to a close and that means that another year of ecomm is ending also. This was my first full year only focusing on one strand for 2 hours of the day, and I loved it. The friendships that I have made and the memories that we will  share are unrivaled. But this school year definitely was not the best for me, as I was very lazy and not motivated. This is the reflection on the year all together.

Lets start with the first guarantee, Technology. This year I got to be apart of my first real large-scale short film. And a perk of that is using an extreme amount of new equipment, and learning how to use that for the future. I know now more about the school's DSLR cameras, lighting kits, audio and other much needed components to a movie set. I also started learning a new program, Adobe Premiere. I haven't used this yet as I have only been taught Final Cut but I am very eager to learn more in Premiere so I can use it as my primary editing software in the future. But starting to learn a new program and understanding new physical equipment was definitely not easy, and I'm lucky I had a great group of classmates to help me out.

The next guarantee is collaboration. This year I was more involved in class-made decisions than I have been before and I really liked it. It was super exciting conversing and conspiring over a potential short film, and just being apart of a conversation like that was fantastic. I even willingly took a leadership role when working on group projects with other students. There weren't much challenges in smaller group projects because we were usually all on the same page, but the same can't be said about the short film discussions. That is one of the main reasons this class struggled so much is because we took an extremely long amount of time just trying to come up with something to make a short film over, but we did make one and it turned out fantastic.

The next guarantee is communication. I greatly improved my communication this year as I did much more. First off, I was really involved and present in the discussing of the short film ideas. I also did my first client work project which involved a lot of communication, to make sure the client gets exactly what they want. I mainly did face-to-face conversation which was very good for me as the experience is very valuable.

Project Management is the next guarantee. I didn't do very well in this guarantee at all as I was pretty lazy. I could have done a lot more to put in more effort and get some serious projects done but I chose not to. I did though learn what I need to do for when I try harder next year.

And the last guarantee is leadership. I did very good in this as for all of my projects in a group I took the leadership role almost immediately. I know how to talk to my group and get what I want out of them.

This year had so much potential but I let myself down and I let down my teachers also. I really feel like I under performed and I hate that. Next year will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment